For folks in North America and Europe, this demo is tomorrow (3rd March) but here in Australia we see the light of day before you lot so it’s today!
Luckily the fine people that organise the world’s largest Meetup group, NY Tech understand that most of us aren’t able to make it to New York City to watch the live demos of companies telling the group all about their products. That’s why they stream it live, it saves shelling out thousands on flights and accommodation.. talking of which, a startup called Leasebreak will be presenting there, specialising in short term rentals – check out their quasi-retro website, still in beta version but they are getting more traffic already than a lot of established businesses.
Also, if you have not seen the NY Tech Meetup before , then here is my favourite demo from the last event to give you a taster. Wenting Zhang demonstrated her project which optimises the best underline for text across different fonts, I also think this presentation is more than just the project, the actual delivery is awesome..
Also presenting are
- The guys from Digital Native Group who will be demoing their app Whisper which is a cross district messaging platform for schools and school districts.
- Kollecto which is a service that pairs up art collectors with Curators to understand your tastes, so you don’t have to sift through countless galleries shops and websites.
- ListenLoop is a business retargeting platform which presents in ad questions to prospects and web surveys to feed engagement.
- Lyft. Probably doesn’t need too big of an introduction. They’re like Uber.
- Peloton Bike. Since I broke our own exercise bike at home, this is the demo I am looking forward to most. They make interactive exercise bikes where you can be involved in live classes.